Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Grape vines

Today I am grateful to learn that my younger brother has taken interest in rejuvenating our parent's grape vines. We transplanted most of these vines from a relative's land in the early 70's. I wasn't so happy about it at the time. To transplant these grape plants, my dad dug up the individual plants in a manner that allowed vines of neighboring plants to stay tangled together - so we basically had a row of 4 foot tall plants (with roots hanging down and vines holding them together) to move about 1.5 miles. What better way to move this string of big plants than have your daughters and their friend carry them draped over their shoulders, walking down the roads, that 1.5 miles. Can you tell I'm from a small town? Where else would this not hold up traffic? Anyway, my brother and dad have started the process of pruning and clearing the way for the grape vines to become productive again. Thanks Mike and Dad!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: