Monday, February 24, 2014


I’m not sure how to start this post other than to say a big THANK YOU to all the wonderful jewelry artists that have supported me the past ten years.  You have made my beads look fabulous over and over again. After an incredible 10 years making beads full time I have now returned full time to my previous field of Occupational Therapy.  When I decided to return to work as an occupational therapist my plan was to continue to make beads part time, but - plans change… So I wanted to let everyone know I’m ending my career as a bead maker. Ornamentea currently has a variety of Elaine Ray Beads in stock on their web site and in their shop.  Along with that, I have a small stock of finished beads and one more kiln load to glaze and fire, which, to be honest I have no good timeline for, but I’m aiming for a spring delivery. After that, I’m packing it all up and won’t be making more.  I’m sad that I won’t have a ready excuse to get together with the great people at Ornamentea as often, but I’m happy to be back working as an occupational therapist. Again - thanks for all the support and great friendships - it has been an incredible journey with all of you and I hope to stay in touch. - Elaine

6 comments:

Shel said...

It's tough making these kinds of decisions - I know, I had to make a very similar one towards the end of last year. But, from what I've read over on the Ornamentea blog and elsewhere, those kiddos are going to be the luckiest ones on the planet to have you back full time!! Best wishes to you. Now,...to hoard your charms I've purchased or make fun jewelry for myself? That's the question!! :-)

Elaine Ray said...

Thanks Shel - it was a difficult decision to make. Not because I didn't want to return to OT, but because I didn't want to leave the bead people. I really did think I'd be able to do both, but I can't.

Thanks again,
Elaine

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

While I am deeply saddened by your departure from bead making, I am thrilled that you are moving on to something else you also love doing. You have such a wonderful personality and a kind nature-you are perfect for the job!

I am really going to miss your beads. They are the perfect combination of nature and contemporary style and always a beautiful fit in my designs. I am really glad I acquired some of your bead bundles-some of those beads will be hard to part with! I'll hoard them for a little while and then give them nice homes in my creations!

Best wishes to you Elaine. You and your beads will be missed more than you know by many, many people! Keep in touch with the bead world from time to time to let us know how you are doing.

Elaine Ray said...

Thanks Kathleen! I will miss everyone very much, as I look around at the world, my mind still flies around with bead ideas... Sometimes those ideas popping in surprise me, I'm not expecting them.

Thanks again,
Elaine

Clipping Path said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.