Friday, November 9, 2012

acorns


A bit blurry, but I wanted to share these acorns I made. I don't typically do shapes like this, so it was a challenge for me, but I'm really liking them. The process of making these was a reminder for me to test and retest. The attempt was just one acorn - a glazed 9 mm round with a glazed bead cap on top, set in the kiln on a spike. It turned out perfect. So, being in a hurry, I made about 30 more the same way. Not so perfect - most of the caps slid off sideways as the glaze began to flow. Ugh! So with these I attached the caps before glazing. Almost 100% success. Yay!

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

They are so adorable! Love all the colors too! They look so great in a little pile!