Saturday, June 23, 2007

Andy Velletri



Andy came to meet me during a trunk show at Ornamentea and showed me some of his wire wrapping projects. Wow, that man can wrap!!!! Notice in the picture that Andy not only wire wrapped his focal point, but also wire wrapped a hand made clasp for the back of the necklace. I really like the way Andy worked in some 7 mm cubes I made. They blend so well with the stone chips - a very nice compliment for the copper wire.



This necklace show cases Andy's hand made bamboo beads. Andy once explained it to me and it is a many step process to get that bamboo looking so good. The blue beads in this necklace are some 9 mm rounds I made. The earthy tones of the glazed clay and bamboo are a wonderful visual match.

Andy teaches classes at Bead Delite in Raleigh, NC. His gallery of work can be seen here. Click away for a real eye treat!

Thanks for looking!

- Elaine

No comments: