Friday, June 1, 2007

Stringing Magazine

Again I want to say how excited I am to be featured in the summer issue of Stringing.

Since this was my first try ever at submitting to a magazine everything has been a learning process for me. Cynthia Deis, the owner of Ornamentea and Panopolie in Raleigh, NC originally encouraged me to try and was the one to get me motivated to get this done.

This Double Donut necklace is one of the featured projects.



Along with these three sets of earrings.



The photos that the people at Stringing took are way better than these of mine - they really did a great job of making me look good!

They were also very helpful at answering my questions and made the whole process run smoothly. I'll definitely be submitting more in the future.



If you are wondering, I have been working hard at getting all of these items out to the bead shops and to Ornamentea to post on their on line store. I'm not done yet, but if you are looking to purchase some of these pieces and don't see what you want, stop by again in a week or two and we will be ready. Between having one of my kids graduate from high school, one getting ready for the SAT while looking at colleges and one graduate from middle school, band banquets, band concerts, soccer tournaments and other end of the school year shindigs I have gotten behind. Also, keep an I here and I'll be posting other ideas to make with those same pieces.

Thanks for all your support and remember to send me pictures of your finished pieces!

- Elaine

2 comments:

Christine ~ ladybrookdesigns said...

Congrats Elaine!! A great accomplishment! Beautiful designs!!

Elaine Ray said...

Thanks Christine! I took a look at your blog, very nice work. I especially enjoyed taking a peek inside your kiln!

- Elaine