Saturday, January 14, 2012

Recipes on the web

Today I am grateful for the ability to look up recipes so easily on the computer. Typically I just type in what I'm looking for (zucchini soup), but other times I use Google recipe search if there are specific ingredients I have on hand. Finding recipes on the web is especially good for me because there are always pictures. I pretty much refuse to cook something if there is not a picture. Somehow, having that visual image helps guide me in food prep, and I really need all the help I can get.

This evening I made making a recipe sent to me by a friend: Cheddar Bacon Pull Apart Bread except I used Jalapeno-cheddar bread instead of sourdough. To go with the bread I found this Zucchini Garlic soup on the web. Here is how my ended up:

Yes - it was as good as it looks. If you are local and invite me to your Superbowl party, I'll make it and bring it with me. Yes - I'm willing to use bribery to get invited to a Superbowl party. I don't pay much attention to football, but I love the food!


What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Alicia Coats said...

I don't watch football, but I might just have to accept your bribe & throw a Superbowl party just so I can try some of that bread! Looks delicious!

Today I'm grateful for my crockpot which made it super easy for me to make a yummy pot of chili for this very cold night!